About Michael Ware
If you need an experienced professional to build a custom WordPress site, an online store or launch a web app, I’d love to hear from you.
Services, Skills & Rates
What I can do for you:
- UX & web design or theme adaptation design
- Brand style guidelines for web
- Wireframing and prototyping
- WordPress development and training
- Front-end, mobile and web app development
- General search engine optimization (not as a specialization), web dev best practices & ADA compliance
- Content & user-engagement strategy
- Site redesign, migration (to WordPress), content audits and updates
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS, LESS & Bootstrap
- WordPress, Shopify, Jekyll, Drupal, Squarespace & Sitefinity
- Working knowledge of PHP/MySQL & .NET MVC
- Git, SVN and the command line
- User experience design & wireframing
- Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch if needed
- Mobile-first responsive Web design
- Years of problem solving and learning new systems
- $90/hr for businesses and large nonprofits
- $80/hr as an agency subcontractor
- Hourly services are invoiced monthly with a 15 day net.
- I’m happy to quote a fixed price for projects given enough detail about scope, budget and timeline.
- A 25% deposit is preferred for fixed-price projects with a $2000 minimum.
- Have a project in mind? Please contact me to discuss.
A Taste of My Work
Web design & front-end development (presentation layer)
Teledemic & Innovus Power
SASS, Angular & Bootstrap
Innovus needed an API-driven web application for users to monitor energy production by Innovus’ variable-speed generators.
UX & Web design, WordPress development
Spike Advertising & the VHSA
UX Pin, SASS, jQuery, WordPress & Bootstrap
The growing Alliance needed a modern, self-managed WordPress site that could present a growing body of data and resources about road safety issues in Vermont. Partisan worked closely with Spike to create a colorful visual style that echoed road safety signage.
Information architecture, UX design
Lucidchart for IA, Balsamiq for wireframes, Google Docs for extensive content coordination
Bluehouse did an amazing job of coordinating and programming a complex redesign with a tight schedule and many requirements.
WordPress & front-end development
Clutch Creative, CCAFS partners in Colombia and the Gund Institute, University of Vermont
WordPress, Bootstrap, SASS & jQuery
This data and research site allows developing countries and scientists to improve data on agricultural greenhouse gas emissions and mitigation potentials.
UX lead, front-end development
Efficiency Vermont Marketing Team
Angular, jQuery & LESS
The conference needed a compact, well-organized, sortable and expandable way to display topics, tracks and speakers on a single page. Angular and jQuery are the secret sauces.
Colleagues & Clients, Past and Present
People, employers and brands that I’ve had the pleasure to work with through the years:
- American Meadows
- Badgley Mischka
- Bluehouse Group
- Bristlecone Capital Research
- Bruno Magli
- Clutch Creative
- Corey Machanic Interactive
- DC Sustainable Electric Utility
- Efficiency Vermont
- Gotham City Graphics
- Green Party of New York State
- Haven Custom Homes
- Kingsley Graphics
- Labatt Blue, Blue Light Lime, Labatt 52
- Magic Hat Brewery
- Media Solutions International
- North American Breweries
- One Percent for the Planet
- Pyramid Brewery
- Sheppard Custom Homes
- Solidarity of Unbridled Labour
- Sp!ke Advertising
- Traveler Beer Company
- University of Vermont Medical Center
- Unwind Mobile Massage
- Vermont Energy Investment Corp.
- Vermont Highway Safety Alliance
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont Tech
- Zainab Sumu Fashion
I am currently accepting work for fall of 2016. Please call or email to discuss your project.
tel: (802) 881-9157 Burlington, Vermont